Abe is obsessed with his daddy. If I have to hear the words DA-DY, DA-DY, DA-DY, my DA-DY in a winy voice one more time I might scream. Just kidding, I think that it is awesome that Abe is so in love with TW. I think it is very normal for toddlers Abe's age to have separation anxiety when away from their mom (which he does) but he has gotten really bad about wanting his daddy. I think it is because TW leaves a lot. He is usually just going to work or is working outside but Abe is devastated every time he leaves. As a result, Abe is constantly worried that TW is going to leave him. Only a great dad is worthy of such love.
Here are some examples of Abe's obsession:
Monday my mom, Abe and I were at Subway when Abe saw a white truck and had a melt down because he thought it was his daddy. What was so bad is the fact that the truck was driving away and Abe thought his daddy was leaving him. He just screamed my DA-DY, my DA-DY, my DA-DY, my DA-DY... and he was devastated:( (At least we know he is not color blind)
This weekend at the mall we were shopping for fathers day gifts. Abe was in the stroller, TW and I were taking turns pushing the stroller. If one of us got out of site for a second he would cry for us DA-DY MA-MA. He would get so upset I ended up holding his hand while walking beside the stroller as TW pushed him. That just made his day.
Abe hates to get his diaper changed and when I change it he just cries for his daddy, even if he is not here, like TW is going to come in there and rescue him.
#1 melt down of all time happens when TW tries to mow the yard before Abe goes to sleep. We live on 2 acres and it takes a while to mow. So TW will try to start away from the house hopping Abe will not hear the mower. But as soon as he does he wants to go outside immediately or the biggest temper tantrum occurs. He loves riding on the mower with his daddy.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
aww, how sweet! (the pediatric er nurse in me is biting my tongue in half right now over abe riding on the mower...be careful!!!) anyway, i love the subway story. too funny. talk to you soon!
Post a Comment