Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Good Bye, Today Show...

Hello, Play House Disney. I have been watching the Today Show for at least the past six years faithfully. I just always turn it on every morning. It is great to get talk points (something in the news to discuss) for work when I was working full-time. But now I have the pleasure of watching "The Little Einsteins", "Micky Mouse Club House" and my personal favorite "Handy Mandy". Wow... how life has changed! Abe has only watched "Baby Praise" DVDs up until this point. He loves music and those could always keep his attention. When he wakes up in the morning now he wants his mommy, a cup of milk and Play House Disney.

My life has totally changed since Abe was born in a great way. My focus has always been serving others through ministry, entertaining friends and being the best at my job. Now my focus is my family, as a wife and mom (which is my ministry), entertaining a toddler, and working part-time. Wow...how life has changed! Instead of shopping, working out, talking on the phone to friends, and dinning out. I now keep up with my friends through their blogs, playdates and facebook. Instead of dinning out at nice restaurants... I now cook almost every meal. The only shopping that I have done lately is for groceries and working out should still be a priority but it's not. My new favorite hobby is sewing and making clothes for Abe. Who would have ever thought that I would sew? It's like my life has went back 100 years in time (with the internet).

I absolutely love my life and I am thankful to God for getting me out of the "rat race" and for all of the wonderful changes that comes along with motherhood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful words! I can totally relate! I wouldn't trade the change FOR THE WORLD!!! It scares me how fast they are growing, so I am treasuring every minute that I can!

KimMc said...

AMEN sister! Parenthood is definitely one of the hardest most rewarding jobs that I have ever undertaken! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Becky said...

We're watching Mickey's Playhouse this very minute!!! We got rid of out satellite service a couple of weeks ago, but thankfully we have two of the boys' favorite episodes (Mickey Goes Fishing and Goofy Goes to Mars) saved on DVR :) So, I not only get to watch Mickey's Playhouse ... I get to watch the same two episodes ... over and over and over ...

Ain't motherhood great :)