Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Weekend

The Smith's had a fun filled Easter weekend. My mom, Abe and I left Thursday night and went to the lake to stay the weekend. I forgot my camera (what kind of blogger am I) so I don't have any pictures to share. TW went to Little Rock Friday - Sunday for the 1st round of the NCAA tournament. He also forgot the camera. We are going to have to get better at this. Anyway, GO Tigers GO! On Friday, Abe and I went to Jackson to spend the day with Leslie (my collage roommate) and her little boy Brayden. We had a great time just getting caught up. Later that afternoon we headed up close to the Tennessee River to visit my Aunt Mary Neil. Abe rode the tiniest pony...what fun! On Saturday we just rested and hung out around the trailer. On Easter Sunday we headed home for Church and then to lunch at Granddaddy and Granny's. This was the first major holiday since my Uncle Doug (50) passed away from cancer back in January. It was very hard on our family but it really put things in prospective. If Jesus would not have risen on Easter Sunday we would not have the assurance that Doug is in heaven. Praise the Lord! He is Risen!

Practice egg hunting run in the house.

Abe with his 1st cousins. Would you look at those blue eyes.


Granny showing how it is done.

"I think I got it now"


"Forget the eggs I want to swing in the tire swing"

2 comments:

Becky said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! I love the cousins picture but who is that YOUNG MAN sitting next to Abe and what have you done with little Bentley????

KimMc said...

I LOVE IT! and I am so glad that you have a blog...so I can keep up with you alittle bit better! Abe is the most beautiful child ever (other than my own!) and I know what a miracle he is...I remember those days at G'town Baptist...EARLY in the morning...praying for that little man! We love you and I am glad to see how good God is!